Marriages change
Minds change
Friendships change
Hearts change
But I assure you
My love for you will never change
You may come
And you may go
Go freely
And know that you will always have a place in my heart
You may hate me
You may love me
You may never want to see my face again
And you may change your mind and want to be by best friend in the end
Whatever you decide
Just know that despite the fact that
Life is full of changes
I assure you
I will always be your best friend
And I will always love you.
-By Micayla
Ecclesiastes 3 says :
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
is where I found these verses.
My name is Micayla and lately, I have been experiencing a tough challenge in my life. That challenge is called change. My parents divorced three years ago and boy, did that bring a lot of new things into my life....I received a step-dad and my dad's girlfriend and son moved into my dad's house. I started high school last year (which was my first year at a public school...ever.) And these past couple of months, I have felt like my best friend and I have been drifting apart.
But God works in mysterious ways because out of those huge life-altering things, I have been blessed with more people to go to for advice, my first brother, more people to love me, more people to laugh with, and more shoulders to cry on...which are very handy at times.
I bolded six phrases in the above verse. I have had time to weep and mourn and hate. I have cried a lot and some days, I have hated my life. But now....now I am ready to laugh, to heal and to mend my broken heart.
I had a great mending moment with my best friend today. We had a heart-to-heart today, and despite the fact that it was over a text message, it was a good conversation. I said what I have been feeling and she listened (or should I say read) and we both apologized for hurt we had caused.
Although life is full of change and hardships and mountains to climb over, everything works out in the end. Believe me when I say that through God all things are possible. And remember that all good and perfect things are from Him.
I hope that this post inspires you to find that good things that have come from the ugly changes in your life.
XOX
-Micayla
One thing that will never change is the past. And you can change the future. You are always on my mind (in the best friend sort of way), and always in my heart. xoxo.
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to say it...I love this font. And thanks for reading...and understanding. I think about you a lot, too. <3
Deletexx